BENEFITING: Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans Of America Inc
ORGANIZER: Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans Of America Inc
Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans Of America Inc wrote -
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America doesn't charge a single penny of membership fees or dues to its members.
Funded solely by donations, IAVA fights for veterans on Capitol Hill, brings thousands of veterans together for free events, and, most recently, holds the largest Veterans Day celebrations in the country for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.
Even more important is what we’re planning next. Your donation will support the 2012 nationwide campaign to bring IAVA members throughout the country and expand our membership by 100,000. While local leaders like the names and faces on this page are critical for this endeavor, just as important is the money that will directly support these 2012 initiatives:
- Storm the Hill where Iraq and Afghanistan veterans throughout the country will converge on Washington D.C. to advocate for veteran programs.
- Veterans Day where thousands of members gather throughout the country at parades and after parties to celebrate their service.
- Memorial Day, which brings together veterans, families of fallen service members and supporters to honor the sacrifice that so few have made.
- Smart Job Fairs throughout the country to specifically hire Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans and provide resume workshops and career services.
- Free tickets to music concerts, NASCAR races, and major league football, basketball, baseball and hockey games throughout the country.
- Expanding Community of Veterans, our exclusive online community where Iraq and Afghanistan veterans can talk about the issues they faced overseas and, after returning.
OP Homecoming is critical to all these efforts. Either support one of our existing teams or create your own so IAVA can continue to support our members. So please, join us this month and help IAVA continue its mission to improve the lives of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Thank you.