Long run !!
October 18, 2016
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
ORGANIZER: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Nov 06, 2016
I have decided to run the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon with Organization for Autism Research (OAR). The Organization for Autism (OAR) is an Official Charity partner of the TCS New York. I am asking for your support in this wonderful journey . Let me introduce myself to you, I am a mother of four beautiful children youngest one in second grade oldest one about to embark in the adventures of highschool (wish me luck!) I am the proud wife of Ruben Cortez , a man who also has a passion for children and education. I myself serve as an Elementary school principal. My school services students from Pre-K to the Fifth grade, along side with three special education units that service students with disablilities . I absolutely love working with my Autistic students, they bring so much joy and happiness to our campus. As a school principal , I strive to empower all of my students and make the best of every day fo them. This is one of the reasons I decided to run for this cause.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
I hope you can join me in supporting such an amazing cause and mission!
Yours in Education,