BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Mar 20, 2016
UPDATE: Charity registration is now closed. The deadline to register for guaranteed entry was February 18. The RUN FOR AUTISM team is still open to runners who already registered and paid for the race at the NYRR website and would like to fundraise for OAR.
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity Partner for the 2016 United Airlines NYC Half and is currently accepting new team members.
- CLOSED To receive guaranteed race entry though OAR, you must agree to the fundraising requirement. The fundraising minimum is $1,000 per runner as set by NYRR.
- To fundraise for OAR without receiving guaranteed race entry, join the team without a required fundraising minimum.
The fundraising deadline is one month after the race—April 20, 2016. All runners are responsible for paying their race registration fee: $117 for NYRR members or $128 for non-members (plus a $5 processing fee).
- RUN FOR AUTISM t-shirt and technical race tank
- OAR finisher's medal
- Online fundraising guide
- Weekly training and fundraising tips
- Personalized staff support
- Race weekend team events
Why RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States is diagnosed with autism. By joining the RUN FOR AUTISM team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today. Here are some of the ways that OAR uses the funds raised by the RUN FOR AUTISM team:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
Questions? E-mail the RUN staff at email@example.com.