PIKE FIREMAN'S CHALLENGE
The First Annual PIKE FIREMAN'S CHALLENGE!
Alpha Chi Omega
Gamma Phi Beta
and Sigma Delta Tau
will all be competing the week of October 14th to October 21st, to see who can raise the most money for the James D'heron Memorial Foundation!
The James D’heron Memorial Foundation, Inc. was established in memory of Deputy Chief James D’heron of the New Brunswick, NJ fire department by his daughter, Erin.
Deputy Chief D’heron died in the line of duty on September 3, 2004 while responding to a fire at a city residence. This foundation, in turn, raises money for existing burn foundations. Their goal is to help those who are touched by fire everyday and to educate individuals so that more will stay safe both at home and in the line of duty.
The James D’heron Memorial Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit 501(3)c Organization.
Sunday, October 14, 2012: Opening Ceremonies “Kickoff to Fireman’s Challenge”
Start Time: 11:30 AM
Location Rutgers Student Center MPR
• Guest Speakers speaking about Jimmy D Foundation
• Breakdown of events throughout the week
Tuesday, October 16, 2012: Search and Rescue Scavenger Hunt
Start Time: 1:00 PM
Location: Busch/Livingston/College Ave/Cook/Douglass
• Members will solve clues (envelopes with a note containing the clue), which will lead them to specific locations on campus. Ultimately, it will lead to a “trapped victim”
• A Pi Kappa Alpha brother will be at each location giving the next clue
• First team to find the victim wins first place, second team gets second place, etc.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012: Feed the Fireman Competition
Start Time: 5:00 PM
Location: Firehouse on Bartlett Street
• Iron Chef Style Competition
• Each team will cook a meal for our firefighter judges using the ingredient provided.
Friday, October 19, 2012: Open Stage Night (Talent Show)
Start Time: 8:30PM – 11:30PM
Location: Cook Campus Multipurpose Room
• Teams will have 5-10 minutes to put on a skit or talent, any way to impress the judges (firefighter judges)
• Teams will be scored on creativity and execution
Saturday, October 20, 2012: Pike Spike Volleyball tournament
Start Time: 11:00AM – 2:00PM
Location: College Avenue Gym Annex
• 20 minute games
• 5 minute intermission between games
• Costume contest
Sunday, October 21, 2012: Fireman’s Fair
Start Time: 1:30PM – 4:00PM
Location: Buccleuch Park
• Fireman’s Obstacle Course
• Tug of War, Balloon Toss
• Photo Opp with Firemen/Firetruck