Every dollar you invest in the Purple Purse Campaign will ensure that a survivor can
- Learn how to save, budget and open a bank account
- Have access to computers and job searching stations
- Receive assistance to earn job certifications
- Save for the assets that are needed to obtain and keep a job, such as car repairs, continuing education, and computers
- Acquire soft job readiness skills to prepare for jobs in today’s economy
- Benefit from guidance on career development
Financial abuse is experienced in 98% of abusive relationships. Survivors report that lack of financial resources is one of the top reasons they stay or return to their abusers. Without economic resources, career options, and financial stability survivors are severely challenged to achieve financial independence that leads to long-term safety.
That’s why the Purple Purse Challenge was created – to raise public awareness about domestic violence and financial abuse, and to raise dollars to help victims of domestic violence gain financial independence. The purple purse is symbolic because purple is the color of domestic violence awareness and a purse represents woman’s financial domain and economic stability. Your donation will make a huge difference in the lives of survivors all across Pennsylvania.