GARDEN PARTNERS wrote -
Garden Partners is planting the seeds that will grow a community enriching, life-altering (not so way out there) urban farm in Portland, Oregon.
The focus will be on utilizing therapeutic horticulture to address the mental, physical and social challenges faced by seniors, veterans and at-risk youth, while providing the community at-large with a hands-on farm that offers educational opportunities and interactive programs for all ages - smack dab in the middle of the City.
Research data show (it's out there everywhere!) that intergenerational, therapeutic horticulture dramatically improves the lives of all who participate. It is socially inclusive and creates a healthier community.
And the urban farm will just simply be cool:
- Living Classrooms - raised beds for edible teaching
- Oregon Hanging Fruit Classroom - permanent garden filled with Oregon's finest: Hazelnut, Pear and Apple trees, Blueberry and Raspberry Bushes, Pinot Noir Grapes
- Collective Farm and CSA - volunteers get a portion of weekly harvest
- Barnyard - Goats, Chickens, Bees oh my! Learning lab about all the great creatures Portlandians can have in their backyards - and food to boot!
- Building that houses a restaurant, wine bar and rooms for classes
- Greenhouse - year-round teachable space and the sparker of life
- Seasonal Farmer's Market
- Films and Lecture Series
- Hands - on learning everywhere!
We've set a goal of $50,000 to provide the crucial framework to Raise the Barn and Build a Farm!
And YOU CAN HELP!
Spread the word to your network, become a fundraiser for Garden Partners, do a little garden dance and most of all - help us, anyway you can to bring this incredible project to fruition.
The community of Portland, Oregon will thank you!
I THANK YOU!