Rutgers Build-A-Thon 2014
EVENT DATE: Oct 11, 2014
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Oct 12, 2014
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Oct 06, 2014
BUILD-A-THON is an amazing experience.
For more reasons than meets-the-eye. First, It's crazy fun. Do it. 无论
Now that that's settled.. Through donations and support, Rutgers Habitat amasses awesome bands, a stage, exciting competitions, and FOOD, on Busch campus, all to provide any willing in the student body for a weekend and experience they will never forget.
And lessons that will stay with them too. A perspective.
Growing exponentially to be one of the trademark fundraising cornerstones at Rutgers University, Buildathon immerses students in the process of building, the main activity of a Habitat Volunteer, but also a taste of the experience of being without a home.
See, student teams must fundraise (we help them) to qualify, and are given sparce materials to build their own miniature shacks for the night. They might be cramped, but they'd still be a luxury for someone really living on the streets.
These shacks are their homes for the night, and the materials used to build them are recycled to help Habitat volunteers build other homes. Through the living conditions, community involvement, dedications, and everything to make the weekend memorable, this event is an amazing chance to spread awareness throughout the community, start being involved in an organization that works all year to build homes with chapters around the nation--and the world, and raise enough funds to bring our chapter a huge leap closer to our
$100,000 goal to complete the home we're building now in Plainfield, and be one of the only college chapters in the nation to sponsor our own home.
We still need all the help we can get! Check us out, and if you like what you see, we're always looking for more help and support!
• anything you donate to this event will either help the cost, which is almost already completely managed by donations of materials and food, or go straight to the house sponsorship we're working on as a chapter! Thanks!
• sponsoring a team- if you'd like to support a team with their entry requirement, contact them to find their team-page to donate through this site, or just let them know to tell us you donated to the main page and we'll work it out (it'll still count for them)--or just comment on this page! and we'll mark the donation for the team you name!
• any money given to a team in-person goes to the same place as long as it reaches us, and counts for entry!
Potential Student Participants-
• Read this link first--Awesome Teambuilding Info https://docs.google.com/document/d/125S8OyXS6X7JZHvDzLPNp3vzaI9hAHhz7BNz6PldIiA/edit?usp=sharing
• Registering a Team is easy. Do it right at the bottom of this page! (and in real life)
• This is among the coolest ways to advertise your organization to a large audience without the chaos of the involvement fair, anyone checking out your organization will assume they are fun, exciting, and involved
• Rutgers Habitat would love to work closely with other organizations to help make each other's events more successful. We're really counting on some support for this, and we'll do everything we can to return the favor, and keep being supportive.