EVENT DATE: Nov 23, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 23, 2013
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Nov 23, 2013
Race the NYRR Staten Island Half Marathon and Race2Rebuild safe, strong, healthy homes and communities for all.
We've raced the Staten Island Half and now we're headed back to Staten Island to rebuild a home for local family. Please support by donating to the VIRTUAL TEAM. And if you'd like to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together we can help a Staten Island family finally come home one year after Sandy.
1. You'll purchase your race entry from NYRR here.
2. You'll register for TEAM 1 here on our Crowdrise page.
3. You'll raise a minimum of $1000, which goes directly to Rebuilding Together and the two veterans’ homes that we'll rebuild in Staten Island.
4. You'll have a personal fundraising page on Crowdrise that you can customize with photos, video and your story.
5. Race2Rebuild will provide you with fundraising tools and support, plus access to our Athlete Forum, a subscription to our Newsletter and your very own Race Captain.
6. You'll receive a half marathon training plan from R2R Head Coach Jonathan Cane delivered via TrainingPeaks.
7. You'll also get a Race2Rebuild running singlet, a RoadID bracelet and a huge supply of Clif nutrition products.
8. We'll have a long group run for the whole team on September 29.
9. We're throwing you a Pre-Race Meetup Celebration the day before the race on October 12.
10. After the race on October 13, you'll have the opportunity to volunteer with Rebuilding Together to rebuild the homes in Staten Island on November 9.
Race2Rebuild has partnered with CrowdRise to encourage the entire community to unite and fundraise for Rebuilding Together. Whether you're an athlete committing to fundraise for the family who lost their home in Hurricane Sandy or a supporter committed to making a difference, we're all coming together here on Crowdrise to commit to the recovery process, rebuild neighborhoods and help families return home.
Race hard. Race with resolve. Race2Rebuild.