EVENT DATE: Apr 23, 2017
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jun 30, 2017
HopeWell Cancer Support's
20th Anniversary REACHOUT & RUN Celebration!
5K Run/Walk and 1-Mile Walk with Hope
The most historic race in town for people with all kinds of cancer – and their loved ones.
Sunday, April 23rd
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
The Story of Our Race
They said it couldn’t be done…..
20 years ago we started this race for people with any kind of cancer and their loved ones. Some told us it would be too hard to set up, too complicated, too challenging financially. And here we are, 20 years later, ready to do it again.
Baltimore race legend Dave Cooley was there at the beginning, along with his friend Larry Kimmel. They’ll be there again on April 23rd as REACHOUT & RUN launches its 20th anniversary celebration.
We’re expecting 1,200 participants this year, so be sure to join in for HopeWell!
- Friendly fundraising rivalry among teams.
- High-level prizes for runners in many different categories.
- Family-friendly activities, including photo booth.
- Inspirational program hosted by Brett Hollander, radio and TV sportscaster
- Veteran teams that have been in this race from the start!
What does HopeWell do?
HopeWell supports 1,200 participants each year – those affected by cancer, their families, caregivers and friends – who can come as often and as long as they wish.
All programming is offered at no charge because…
• A cancer diagnosis, treatment and survivorship are financially devastating.
• We are a community of care and a community of equals. We are people with cancer, their loved ones, professionals from many fields, donors and other committed friends, all dedicated to the well-being of HopeWell participants.