2014 Williams Route 66 Marathon
EVENT DATE: Nov 23, 2014
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 23, 2014
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Nov 23, 2014
The Williams Route 66 Marathon is pleased to announce the five official charities for the 2014 Williams Route 66 Marathon charity program.
The charity program provides an avenue for race participants, individuals and organizations to raise funds on behalf of an official charity partner. It also provides a platform for charities to raise awareness and educate others about their cause.
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Folds of Honor Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oklahoma Chapter
- Tulsa Area United Way
- Tulsa Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
How to participate
The charity program gives runners an opportunity to fundraise for one of the five official charities and receive a guaranteed race entry. Race participants will be required to raise a minimum level of funds and the amount will vary by race. When a participant raises the required funds, the charity will cover their race registration fee. The Williams Route 66 Marathon will match up to $25,000 total for the charity program.
- 5K participants are required to raise $100
- Half-marathon participants are required to raise $250
- Marathon participants are required to raise $500
- Marathon relay participants are required to raise $1,000
For questions regarding the Williams Route 66 Marathon charity program, visit www.route66marathon.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I raise money as part of a team or as an individual?
Each participant sets up their own fundraising page on Crowdrise. However, if you are involved in a Corporate Challenge team select “join a team” or if would like to form a team, you can set up a fundraiser team and invite others to join your team.
- If I’ve already registered for a race, can I still participate in the charity program?
Yes. All participants must register for their race. If participants elect the charity program, they will also register on Crowdrise to set up their fundraiser. If the required donation requirement is met, Route 66 Marathon will tell the designated charity partner which participants they need to reimburse for their registration fee (post marathon weekend).
- Can I raise funds for more than one charity partner?
Yes, you just need to set up fundraisers on Crowdrise for each one. You will have to meet the minimum donation requirement on at least one to be reimbursed.
- How will my selected charity partner know I am raising funds on their behalf?
Each charity partner has access to names, email addresses and fundraising progress through Crowdrise.
- How does the charity receive the donations I raise?
Crowdrise works with Network for Good (NFG); NFG sends monthly checks to charities.
- What if I don’t raise the required amount for my race?
You will not be reimbursed for your registration fee; the charity will receive any funds raised toward their goal.
- Can I participate in the charity program if I am a member of a Corporate Challenge team?
Yes. Work with your Corporate Challenge captain on selected charity partners. If your company covers a portion of your registration fee, the charity will reimburse Route 66 for the remaining portion (if required minimum funds are met).
- What is the deadline to raise funds to receive a free entry for a sold-out race?
You must set up your fundraiser on Crowdrise by November 16 and raise funds by Nov. 20th.
- What is the deadline for funds to be raised for the charity program?
Funds must be raised by midnight on November 23, 2014.