BENEFITING: National Disaster Search Dog Foundation, Inc.
in 2012, Run Bubbles Run is raising funds for Search Dog Foundation (SDF). This cause supports animal rescue and also contains a humanitarian aspect by helping search and rescue missions.
SDF recruits dogs that are rescued from abuse and abandonment and they commit to their lifetime care. These rescued dogs get proper training to become search and rescue dogs.
"It costs SDF $10,000 to recruit, care for and train each new dog, partner it with a firefighter-handler, provide ongoing training to the team and Lifetime Care for the dog. As a non-profit with no government funding, SDF raises funds from individuals, foundations and companies to underwrite the cost."
So now it's our turn to help them rescue more dogs from the shelters to train them as search dogs. This way we will help them help us, because our life, as we know it, can change when a disaster strikes.
I'll be running my first ultra-marathon in August, I will be training with Vodka and Lilo (my sidekicks). Please help us by donating/sharing.
- $50 "Adoption Fee" to release a dog from a County Shelter
- $100 One week of trainer's time to evaluate a canine for acceptance to SDF's program
- $250 Basic obedience training to prepare Lifetime Care canines for their new home
- $500 Medical care for a rescued dog, including spay and neuter, vaccinations, x-rays, and micro-chipping
- $800 One month of boarding and training a future Search Dog at Sundowners Kennel
- $1,000 Partnering Search Dog and Handler - travel, initial training, and deployment gear
- $10,000 Sponsor a Search Dog
We can do great things, all we need is a little inspiration to do so.
Love you all. xo