Saint Felix Cats
Team Member: Meredith Bergman
Jonah Lee wrote -
Dozens of feral and stray cats freely roam our block and are breeding rapidly! Doing nothing and using ineffective approaches are what have resulted in the current overpopulation, noise, nuisance, and odor problems. Trying to rescue all of the feral cats and find them homes is impossible given their numbers and their limited socialization. Removing or relocating all of the feral cats invites new unneutered cats to move in and the cycle of reproduction starts again.
The SOLUTION: Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is the only method proven to be humane and effective in controlling free-roaming cat population growth. TNR is about:
- Population control and permanently reducing the number of cats in an area.
- Eliminating the nuisance, noise, and odor.
- Reducing the spread of disease.
- Lowering cat intake into shelters, thereby lowering shelter euthanasia rates.
- The returned, spayed/neutered cats guard their territory, discouraging unneutered cats from moving in and beginning the cycle of overpopulation anew, while preventing rodent and pest infestation.
You can help! Your donation will improve our neighborhood health and overall quality of life, by funding one or more of the following TNR costs:
- Trapping, transportation, and holding
- Rabies vaccinations
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks in advance for your support!