Scooter for Batten
EVENT DATE: May 21, 2016
We are raising money to cure Batten disease and we need your help! Join us in this great opportunity for kids to support other children while doing something they love. Participants will be broken into different age groups and each group will scooter around the track for 15 minutes. Create your own page or support your friends and family while they Scooter for Batten! All proceeds from the Scoot-a-thon benefit the Charlotte and Gwenyth Gray Foundation to Cure Batten Disease, which is making significant strides in finding a cure for this devastating childhood disease.
It's easy for you and your child to start raising money:
- Click the purple Register button on the right
- Register your child for the Scoot-a-thon on Eventbrite
- After registration is complete click the green I Want A Fundraising Page button
- Sign up for a free Crowdrise account, or sign in if you already have one
- Follow the prompts to set up a fundraising page for your child or family
- Click Edit Fundraising page to add a profile picture with a personal message about why this cause is important to your family
- Start fundraising! You can post the link to your personal fundraising page on facebook or other social media and have your child help you write personal messages to friends and family to start gathering donations
- Follow up with a thank you! Donors will receive an automated thank you for their contribution, but your child might want to follow up with a personal thank you after they have completed the Scoot-a-thon!