• Each team must have a team name.
• Each team must dress like a team on the day of the tournament. [costumes encouraged]
• Each team must arrive by 11:30am on the day of the tournament
• Cheats will be officially bought/issued on gameday.
• Each cheat purchased may be used only once.
• Turns are timed at 2 minutes. Games are over at 45 minutes.
• Cheating is encouraged.
Scrabble for Cheaters is a Scrabble tournament with a dishonest twist for an honest cause. Here’s how it works:
30 teams pledge to fundraise on behalf of 826CHI's creative writing programs. Dollars raised will be used to purchase "cheats," which can be used to decimate your opponents.
On Saturday, February 27th, after weeks of peer-to-peer fundraising, teams will go head-to-head in a Scrabble tournament, using their hard-earned arsenal of cheats to win a series of 45-minute games. Champions take home a custom-designed Scrabble board, gloriously gaudy trophy, and critical acclaim for eternity.
This year, we aim to raise $20,000. Every donation helps ensure that each of our 2,000+ students can attend our literary arts programs, free-of-cost.