Super Steve ALS Walk
EVENT DATE: Apr 29, 2017
Walk With Us!
The Super Steve ALS Walk will be held Saturday, April 29th at The Fleet Feet at Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC . This family friendly event benefits The Joe Martin ALS Foundation to provide free home care services for those living with ALS. We hope you will join us to honor Steve Hix and raise money for a great cause! Thank you for your support!
***Please note we have reached the deadline to place sponsors on our printed materials for the event.***
- 8:00 AM - Check-In for walkers at Fleet Feet.
- 9:00 AM - Walk begins!
- 10:30 - Awards & Raffle Giveaway
- 11:00 - Event Ends
How Can I Help?
- As a Walker! You can participate as an individual walker or team captain and recruit additional walkers. See below for instructions on how to set up your page, tips on recruiting a team, fundraising information and suggested fundraising schedule.
- As a Donor! Your contribution will help people like Steve and Debbie Hix with ALS to receive free home care services, guidance and support. Click on the Donate button on the right to make your gift. If there is a certain team or walker you would like to support, click on their name on the roster to contribute. If you would like to make a general donation, click general team on the drop down menu.
- As a Raffle Sponsor! We will be raffling off several packages at the event with gift certificates and items. If you have an item or gift certificate to donate to a package, please contact Sarah Hayden at The Joe Martin ALS Foundation at sarahhayden@joemartinALSFoundation.org.
- As a Volunteer! Several volunteers will be needed to help set up for the walk, pass out t-shirts, sell raffle tickets, and to clean up after the event. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Linnea Meletiou at SuperSteveALS@gmail.com.
- As a Sponsor! You can sponsor this event at one of the levels below. We appreciate your consideration! If you would like to support a certain team or walker with your sponsorship, click on their name on the roster to contribute. If you would like to make a general donation, click on the general team on the drop down menu.
- Gold Sponsor $1000 includes logo placement on Joe Martin ALS Foundation and event website, social media outlets, printed newsletter that reaches over 1,200 households, press releases, event signage and T-shirt. Includes opportunity to bring promotional materials and information to event, for remarks during program and plaque presentation.
- Silver Sponsor $500 includes logo placement on event website, printed newsleter that reaches over 1,200 households, social media outlets, event signagea nd T-shirt. Includes verbal recognition at event.
- Bronze Sponsor $250 includes company name listed on event website, social media outlets, T-shirt and event signage.
Information for Walkers and Team Captains:
Register To Participate:
- Click on the "Set Up Your Fundraiser" button above.
- Then click on "Join A Team" if you would like to join an existing team or "Start Your Own Fundraiser" if you are starting your own team. (If someone has asked you to join their team, you will click "Join A Team" and select their name from the drop down menu.)
- From there, follow the prompts to set up your page. Be sure to share why you are walking and why supporting ALS is important to you.
*Please note for those starting their own fundraisers: you will set up a team page whether you are participating as an individual walker or want to recruit a team.
Building Your Team: A team can be any size! If you want to recruit additional team members follow these steps:
- Share your personal URL for your page with your contacts via email and social media. Personal messages work the best to recruit team members and donations.
- Let your contacts know you are walking for a good cause and ask that they consider joining you.
- It is free to walk and those raising a minimum of $75 will receive a signature event T-shirt!
Fundraising Tips and Suggested Timeline: Ask everyone you know! You never know who is connected to ALS or would like to support you!
- 6 weeks out: intro email and social media push
- 3 weeks out: follow up email and social media push
- 1 week out: follow up email and social media push
- The day before game: Final email and social media push
About Steve and Debbie Hix
Steve and Debbie have lived in Huntersville since 1982. They have two children in graduate school. They were dentist in practice until Steve retired in 2011 after his ALS diagnosis. In the almost six years since his diagnosis he has gone from being an active practicing dentist and 25 mile a week runner, to someone who uses a power wheelchair to get around and has lost the use of his hands and his ability to speak. Life now for him, for our family, is very different from the one we looked forward to living. Still, we ARE living each day, Thankful for each day.
About The Joe Martin ALS Foundation
The Joe Martin ALS Foundation's mission is to help people face the challenge of living actively with ALS by providing free home care services. Services include getting people up and ready for the day, help with bathing, eating and tolieting, travel planning, respite care, range of motion exercises, home accessibility evaluations, free loaner medical equipment, caregiver training, care team coordination and support and for the first time this year - Joe's Camp, a camp for kids whose family has been touched by ALS. All funds from this event go to support The Joe Martin ALS Foundation.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to reach out to Linnea Meletiou, event coordinator, at SuperSteveALS@gmail.com or Sarah Hayden, Director of Development at The Joe Martin ALS Foundation, (704) 332-1929 or email@example.com.