EVENT DATE: Mar 20, 2016
Since its inaugural year in 2012, team Athletes to End Alzheimer’s (ATEA) has represented CaringKind, New York City's leading expert on Alzheimer’s and dementia caregiving (formerly known as Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter) in one of New York’s top races – the New York City Half Marathon. In 2015, 55 runners took to Central Park and the streets of NYC, showing their support for the cause and their affected loved ones. The 2016 United Airlines NYC Half is a 13.1 mile race featuring a field of over 15,000 runners who will enjoy an iconic NYC experience, beginning their run in Central Park and finishing at South Street Seaport.
Join us this year as an official member of our team by applying at www.alznyc.org/nychalf, and take advantage of the numerous perks to being an official part of our team, including:
- Expert training – online and/or in person – from our experienced, certified staff of coaches and physical therapists with two coached group runs per week.
- Weekly newsletters from coaching and our organization’s staff, monthly team meetings, reminders about important deadlines, maps to help you navigate the race and the city.
- A fundraising toolkit
- Athletes to End Alzheimer’s 2016 NYC Half Marathon team gear including a race day singlet and Tech training shirt.
- Education on Alzheimer’s disease, the free programs and services offered by CaringKind and how to get others involved
- Race Weekend support including a dedicated cheer sections for friends and family and a post-race thank-you reception.
- Any support you need along the way!
The fundraising requirement for runners who need an entry is $1,500 and $750 for runners with their own entry. All runners who need an entry or who want to be part of our official marathon program MUST first apply at www.caringkindnyc.org/nychalf. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-744-2966. We look forward to having you join our team!