BENEFITING: The Nature Conservancy
ORGANIZER: The Nature Conservancy
EVENT: Marine Corps Marathon 2012
EVENT DATE: Oct 28, 2012
I am starting to train for the Marine Corps marathon. The first time I trained for one, I made a beautiful discovery: I was pregnant. In the picture you may notice, my baby bump in one of my last ultra long run/walks before the arrival of my daughter. Walking in this beautiful forest was an amazing privilege I wish to share. I would like to do my little part for this to happen.
Please help the Nature Conservancy if you can by clicking the donate button.
The Nature Conservancy wrote -
The Nature Conservancy’s Team Nature is joining the Marine Corps Marathon on October 28, 2012. We want to make “the people’s marathon,” as the Marine Corps event is often known, a marathon for people and nature.
Our running team is raising funds to help protect and restore the Chesapeake Bay and other important natural habitats across our regionand around the world.
The 26.2-mile MCM course passes by some of our most treasured national monuments and is within easy driving distance of the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Coast Reserve and Central Appalachians.
Here’s what your $400 fundraising minimum can accomplish:
- Restore more than 2,000 baby oysters to reefs in the Chesapeake Bay, providing habitat for rockfish and crabs.
- Buy 2,000 longleaf pine seedlings to plant, helping restore one of America’s most diverse and endangered forest systems.
- Conduct a prescribed burn on four acres at Warm Springs Mountain Preserve to help restore pine-oak forests.
- And when you help us reach our collective MCM goal of $30,000, your efforts will help protect even more lands and waters for the benefit of people and nature.
- By joining Team Nature at the Marine Corps Marathon, you agree to raise $400, which includes your $92 registration fee, by August 15.
- The first 100 members of the team to raise $400 each will have a guaranteed entry to the marathon.
Join Team Nature Conservancy:
1. Click the JOIN THE TEAM button.
2. You’ll get a page just like this one under your name to customize! Share some information about yourself and why you have chosen to run the Marine Corps Marathon on behalf of nature. Add photos of the Chesapeake Bay, local forests or your favorite place in nature.
3. Share your page with friends and family via Facebook and Twitter and encourage them to support you and nature!
Not running? You can still donate to Team Nature and support The Conservancy’s work.
No Federal or Marine Corps endorsement of advertisers or sponsors is implied.