BENEFITING: LEAVE NO VETERAN BEHIND
ORGANIZER: LEAVE NO VETERAN BEHIND
EVENT: Veterans Charity Challenge 3
LEAVE NO VETERAN BEHIND wrote -
Leave No Veteran Behind (LNVB) is a national 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides educational and employment services to Veterans who face economic hardship. Through our innovative educational debt relief scholarship, community service, employment training, and job placement programs, LNVB invests in heroes who have honorably served our nation and seek to continue their service as productive citizens in their communities.
- We provide a retroactive scholarship that pays off the student loans of veterans who have completed some form of higher education but were not fully covered by veteran educational programs such as the GI Bill.
- Since 2009, we have granted 10 scholarships and paid off more than $100,000 of student debt.
- Leave No Veteran Behind is the only non-profit organization in the nation working to address Veteran educational debt in these extraordinary ways.
- We provide direct transitional employment and training to veterans in order to transition those veterans into long term employment. To date, we have provided 708 transitional jobs and paid out $3.7 million in transitional wages.
- Safe Passage: We employ 150 veterans and community members via a contract with Chicago Public Schools to ensure safe passage for students as they travel to and from school in high violence neighborhoods in Chicago.
- STEAMCorps: We run a summer veteran-youth mentorship program that provides employment and mentorship opportunities for eight veterans and engagement and employment opportuties for 80 at-risk youth in Chicago.
- Executive Leadership Training and Placement
- We provide training and placement for executive level veterans in various industries.
- Veterans enrolled in this program are provided mentorship, resume building, and networking opportunities with various industries.