Organized by: Erin Lackey
SHANIN UPDATE: 4/27/16
April 30, 2016
On Wednesday, January 13th, our sister, Shanin, fell and sustained a whiplash-type of injury that, because of her ankylosing spondylitis (a condition she has been fighting most of her life where her bones are slowly fusing together) left her neck fractured in the C5-C6 vertebrae.
She couldn't feel anything below her neck.
Since then she is slowly regaining feeling in her arms and is able to move them some. She is progressing every day. We have so much hope that Shanin will be able to overcome this tremendous hardship, especially if she has the love and support from her friends and family.
We, her sisters and bros-in-law, have started this fundraising campaign because, even with as much hope and faith and love we have, the reality is there are some things only money can buy. All funds raised will be put into an account to help defer the costs and expenses accrued during Shanin's time in the hospital and thereafter.
- Lodging fees for her family to be close to her (our lodging situation is $50/night)
- Gas to get back and forth to UC Davis
- Parking fees
- Electric wheel-chair
- Ramps and other expenses related to wheel-chair-proofing the house
- A vehicle that can accommodate a wheel-chair
- Shanin's personal bills that must be paid as she is unable to work for the foreseeable future
- Gas for follow-up appointments
- Misc. medical bills
We are so grateful for your continued support. If you cannot give monetarily, we would be OVERJOYED if you would continue to pray with us for Shanin.