Hi Family, Friends, and Well wishers!
The Women's Sports Foundation is a great organization - in which both Skate Like a Girl and the City of Redmond Teen Programs has benefited from - through the GoGirlGo! Curriculum.
Last spring my co-worker Sarah Sandquist encouraged me to sign-up for the Portland Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon. I was a bit hesitant, but went through with it. As soon as I finished the race I thought - wow this is the most amazing and terrible thing that I have ever done.
So NATURALLY - I thought that I should sign-up for the NYC Marathon - it was a sign when I saw it fell on my birthday. And another sign when I remembered that the WSF particpated as a charity team.
So - I am requesting an early birthday favor. Here are some levels that I put together. You can sponsor me at any level.
- Any increment "Guess what my time will be? level" (e.g. $4.49 = 4 hrs 49 min)
- $26.20 "$1 per mile level"
- $32 "How old I will be level"
- $110.40 "My birth date level"
- $262.00 "$10 per mile level"
- $1104.80 "My birth date + year AKA You got some $$ laying around level"
I will be putting together "summer thank you friends for supporting me events." Ideas floating around are dinners, plane rides, and portraits of what I think you would look like running.