TEAM WINTER ...
June 06, 2012
BENEFITING: TEAM WINTER
EVENT DATE: Nov 04, 2012
Run for Team Winter at the 2012 ING NYC Marathon
November 4, 2012
Run the 2012 ING NYC Marathon with Team Winter! Make your training and racing experience more meaningful by racing for a cause. You are not only guaranteed a race entry into the ING NYC Marathon, you will help raise funds and awareness for a disease that affects 1 in 6 men- Prostate Cancer!
Spots are very limited, so sign up today!
Contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
TEAM WINTER ING NYC Marathon Perks Include:
Team Winter Backpack w/ Swag
- Custom Team Winter running top
- Team Winter race belt
- Team Winter hat or visor
- Team Winter Training Tech Shirt
- Team Winter Yankz! and more
- Limited Edition Team Winter poster autographed by Winter
Personalized fundraising webpage
Motivational emails leading up to the event
Fundraising Guidelines and Participant Agreements:
1) Participant is responsible for race entry fee into the ING NYC Marathon. A special code will be given to allow registration and payment in full. This entry must be completed within 2 weeks of committing to a spot on Team Winter ING NYC Marathon.
2) Commitment of at least $500 due by August 30, 2012. Participants under $500 who do not notify Team Winter may be considered drop-outs and are subject to forfeiting their race entry.
3) Commitment to raise a minimum of $3,000 for Team Winter by October 26, 2012. Participants under $3,000 after October 26 will be subject to a credit card charge of the outstanding balance.
Team Winter raises money for awareness and funds prostate cancer research through the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Thanks to Team Winter athletes from around the world (kids & adults), close to $400,000 has been raised. Team Winter encourages athletes to not only race for themselves but for a cause. Proceeds collected from fundraising for the ING NYC Marathon, on behalf of Team Winter, will all be given to the Prostate Cancer Foundation to further prostate cancer research and fund a Young Investigator. To learn more about the Young Investigator Awards go here
For more information or to secure a race entry, contact Patrick Amsbry, Team Winter Fundraising Coordinator, at email@example.com
Tax ID #80-0524973
PO Box 4249
Salem, OR 97302
An ambitious young triathlete, 13-year old Winter Vinecki has been making waves in the sport of triathlon. Racing since the age of five, her competitive spirit has compelled her to be the best. By the age of nine, she found herself competing in an Olympic Distance triathlon; a distance usually reserved for seasoned adult triathletes. Winter initially had thoughts of racing as a means of bringing light to the growing epidemic of childhood obesity. This all changed one spring morning in 2008. Winter found her true cause in which to race for, founding Team Winter in honor her dad.
Click here to visit our official website.
“I founded Team Winter at age 9 after my dad was diagnosed at age 40 with a very aggressive form of Prostate Cancer. He passed away in 2009 before he even reached his 41st birthday.” - Winter