The Anxiety & Depression Initiative, Inc. seeks to promote and support the use of an active and healthy lifestyle to better live with the symptoms of anxiety and depression, to help connect those in need of treatment with mental health resources and to overall help lessen the stigmas associated with anxiety and depression.
To find out more about the organization, please go to our website at: www.TheADI.org
The Anxiety & Depression Initiative seeks to help the community better live with anxiety and depression through three main initiatives.
Outreach to Community – Bringing education and awareness to the community regarding the benefits of an active lifestyle on anxiety and depression.
- Sharing of information with the community about benefits via online mediums and through other vehicles.
- Hands-on community outreach, introducing physical activity to those in the community.
- Networking volunteers to help those living with anxiety and depression in harnessing the benefits of an active lifestyle.
Outreach to Practitioners – Bringing awareness and best practices to mental health practitioners to help better integrate physical activity into their treatment plans.
- Help practitioners to identify and develop best practices relating to the use of physical activity in treatment plans and help them to share those best practices with each other.
- The sharing of important research findings regarding best practices with mental health practitioners
- Maintain an ongoing dialog with mental health practitioners regarding the use of physical activity in treatment plans.
Research Development – Cultivating and supporting research endeavors that further explore the benefits and best practices of using physical activity to augment the treatment of anxiety and depression.
- The promotion and support of research endeavors that further explore the benefits of physical activity on anxiety and depression.
- The promotion and support of research endeavors that seek to identify the best practices for incorporating physical activity into treatment plans for anxiety and depression.