Dean Tate via Crowdrise
March 21, 2011
EVENT DATE: Mar 20, 2011
Ran my first marathon last year Honda LA Marathon 2010 - 4:36:22 it was awesome but this year I wanted to do more and run for a cause and of course try to beat my time ! LOL I was injured in a mountain biking accident in June 2010 ,broke my clavicle 5 places ,broke two ribs, and punctured a lung , luckily my son was with me ! Lifesaver ! now one Titanium plate and 6 months later ! I'm ready for a real challenge raising money to cure Cancer. I have lost Family and friends to Cancer and would love to see the day when the world is cancer free !!! Please help ThinkCure! and The Honda LA Marathon 2011 run Cancer into the ground forever !!!
So here’s how we decided to try to make a difference: We raise the money, and then we turn it over to the researchers to work collaboratively to find important discoveries and cures. The researchers are based at City of Hope in Duarte and Childrens Hospital in Los Angeles. That means Los Angeles-area cancer researchers will be setting an example for medical advancement through true teamwork.
All Runners on our team will get:
* An official 2011 Honda LA Marathon or LA 5K Shirt
* Dodger Stadium Meetings for awards, advice and support
* Regular Fundraiser Emails with advice and support
Great Fundraising Incentives
* Raise $500 and get a technical performance ThinkCure Honda LA Marathon & LA 5K t-shirt
* Raise $1,000 and get 2 tickets to ThinkCure Weekend at Dodger Stadium in 2011
* Raise $1,500 and you’ll get your registration fees reimbursed
* Raise $2,000 and get 4 tickets to ThinkCure Weekend
* Raise $3,000 and get 4 VIP tickets to batting practice at TC Weekend and join pre-game on-field activities