Dennis Lebman via Crowdrise
February 02, 2011
EVENT DATE: Mar 20, 2011
THINKCURE wrote -
ThinkCure! advances cures for cancers by funding cutting edge cancer research through seed grants.
ThinkCure! is part of the Los Angeles community. We live and work here and want to make life better here, by ending a disease that touches everyone.
So here’s how we decided to try to make a difference: We raise the money, and then we turn it over to the researchers to work collaboratively to find important discoveries and cures. The researchers are based at City of Hope in Duarte and Childrens Hospital in Los Angeles. That means Los Angeles-area cancer researchers will be setting an example for medical advancement through true teamwork.
ThinkCure! funds cutting edge, collaborative research between City of Hope and Childrens Hospital Los Angeles that is making real progress in the work to cure children and adults with cancer. Current grants are focusing on childhood brain tumors, adult brain tumors, leukemia, lymphoma, medulloblastoma and neuroblastoma.
All Runners on our team will get:
* An official 2011 Honda LA Marathon or LA 5K Shirt
* Dodger Stadium Meetings for awards, advice and support
* Regular Fundraiser Emails with advice and support
Great Fundraising Incentives
* Raise $500 and get a technical performance ThinkCure Honda LA Marathon & LA 5K t-shirt
* Raise $1,000 and get 2 tickets to ThinkCure Weekend at Dodger Stadium in 2011
* Raise $1,500 and you’ll get your registration fees reimbursed
* Raise $2,000 and get 4 tickets to ThinkCure Weekend
* Raise $3,000 and get 4 VIP tickets to batting practice at TC Weekend and join pre-game on-field activities