Raise over $25 - receive a Tour Action Pack!
Raise over $50 - receive a Tour Action Pack PLUS a Tour Tee Shirt and Tote Bag!
Tour Action Pack includes a petition, COZ bumper sticker, and more!
Teams who raise over $1,000 will get the experience of riding SUPzilla!!! See video to the left!
More about the Tour for the Shore and how to participate is below:
To help raise public awareness and participation for the Clean Ocean Zone, traveling by outrigger canoe and bicycle at the peak of the summer season, Margo Pellegrino and Sean Dixon will journey concurrently from Cape May, New Jersey to Montauk, New York. Participation in the tour from coalition organizations, businesses, and individuals is essential. To that end, over the course of the tour, rallies, and campaign and media events will be held to garner support from elected officials and citizens.
Departing on August 10th, 2012, our paddlers and pedalers will head north on a 15-day adventure! YOU are encouraged to join up by land or by sea – check back here (or sign up for alerts) to find out how to participate.
Overall, there will be THREE ways to take part in this Tour for the Shore:
- On the water: join Margo Pellegrino at sea as she paddles in her outrigger canoe up the coast – if you’ve got (or can rent) a canoe, stand-up-paddleboard, or an ocean rower, consider joining!
- On the road: join Clean Ocean Action attorney Sean Dixon on your bike as he tours the Jersey and Long Island Shore communities – some days will be great for families (less than 40 miles), others will be for more adventurous cyclists (more than 80 miles!) – including a Long Island Century Ride leaving Babylon, NY the morning of the 24th at 6am!
- On land: join us at any of our ~30 rallies along the shore (check back for details beyond the township locations listed below), or help us spread the word as part of a “Beach Team” – roving our coastal beaches getting the word out about the ocean!
- Make a Crowdrise team to raise money for your journey by land or by sea!
To experience our SUPzilla (14 person Stand Up Paddleboard) donated by C4:
- Create a team on Crowdrise.
- For teams that raise $1,000, a group of 6 people can paddle one 1.5 hour leg of the Tour (with instructors on board).
- For teams that raise $5,000, a group of 10 people can paddle one 1.5 hour leg of the Tour (with instructors on board).
- For teams that raise $10,000, a group of 10 people can paddle two 1.5 hour legs of the Tour (with instructors on board).
Friday, August 10 Cape May Point -- Avalon
Saturday, August 11 Avalon -- Ocean City -- Atlantic City
Sunday, August 12 Atlantic City --Long Beach -- Barnegat Light
Monday, August 13 Barnegat Light -- Seaside -- Point Pleasant Beach
Tuesday, August 14 Point Pleasant -- Belmar -- Sandy Hook
Wednesday, August 15 Sandy Hook -- Keansburg -- Staten Island
Thursday, August 16 Staten Island -- Manhattan
Friday, August 17 Manhattan -- Brooklyn --Jamaica Bay
Saturday, August 18 Jamaica Bay -- Point Lookout
Sunday, August 19 Point Lookout -- Fire Island -- Mastic Beach
Monday, August 20 Just one of those days (check website)
Tuesday, August 21 Mastic Beach -- Shinnecock County Park
Wednesday, August 22 Just one of those days (check website)
Thursday, August 23 Shinnecock County Park -- Montauk Park
Friday, August 24 Long Island Century Ride & Celebration in Montauk