EVENT DATE: Jul 25, 2015
Come join the Food Bank of WNY on Saturday July 25, 2015 at Island Park in Williamsville as we "walk the walk", taking steps together to fight hunger in our community! The 8th Annual Walk Off Hunger & Summerfest will run from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the beautiful Village of Williamsville.
• Registration: $20 for adults; kids under 16 are FREE!
• Check-In begins at 10 a.m., Walk begins at 11 a.m.
• Following the walk is a FREE festival with complimentary food and drinks, children’s games, activities, bounce houses, rock-climbing wall, auction and raffles!
• Adopt-a-Family - for an additional $40 donation, you can adopt a family served by one of the Food Bank of WNY’s 326 member agencies. Your donation will help one of these families to enjoy the Walk and Festival. Want to adopt more than one family? Make your donation of $80 for two families, $120 for three families, and so on! (please make a comment in your donation that you would like to adopt-a-family)
Fundraising isn't required to participant in the event, but we encourage you to "walk the walk" and reach out to your friends, family and colleagues, create teams and invite them to support this worthy cause. Every $1 donation helps us to provide approximately 6 meals for families in need!
If you are unable to walk with us this year, please consider setting up a fundraising page to raise funds for the Food Bank of WNY! You can share your fundraising page with your family and friends!
Please come and walk to support the fight against hunger in our community! Your generous support enables the Food Bank of WNY to:
• Procure and distribute 15 million pounds of nutritious food annually to families who continue to struggle for basic necessities.
• Serve nearly 117,000 people who turn to member agencies each month.
• Conduct nutrition workshops and food demonstrations for the clients of our 326 member agencies.
• Deliver fresh food, produce, dairy and bread daily through our Food Express Truck.