Aaron Carlson wrote -
Help Solve Our World's Drinking Problem
To you, getting a drink of water is easy. Turn on your faucet and get a refreshing drink.
To one in seven people worldwide, that’s impossible. Getting water is back-breaking, life-threatening work. Every. Single. Day.
They can’t drink, so neither can you. Until you donate.
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT, UP TO $2 MILLION!
A generous group of donors has pledged $1 million to this campaign, and challenged us to raise another $1 million. Our party is growing but we need you for it to be complete!
Imagine the possibilities. You donate $25 and it has the power of $50. Raise $1,000 among friends and family and it has the power of $2,000.
HELP YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY EARN THEIR WATER TOO.
Become a fundraiser yourself! Give up your birthday, run a race, climb a mountain, celebrate National Grandparents Day, commemorate the Equinox, scare up some support during Halloween, or challenge your sports rivals to pay for that drink of water and support safe water and sanitation for women, men and children in developing countries.
YOUR TICKET TO DRINK
- Get a bracelet made in Rwanda when you donate $25 to $99.
- Get a stainless steel water bottle from Marmot Mountain with a donation of $100 or more.
- Trip for 2 to Rwanda! Become a fundraiser yourself and raise at least $1000 and you’ll be entered to win an all-expenses paid trip for two to Rwanda to join a World Water Corps volunteer expedition in 2012! Every $1000 raised earns you another entry.
Remember, it’s double-power donations, so be sure to invite everyone you know to donate. So raise your glass and buy the first round - everyone will love you for it.
The Fine Print
- Due to legal reasons, to donate through Crowdrise and to be elible for prizes, you must live in the United States. If you're in Canada, please donate here.
- Gifts must be received between August 28, 2011 and October 31, 2011 (gifts postmarked after October 31 will not be eligible)
- Gifts must be identified as applying to the campaign (via specific reply device, through this dedicated webpage, as a memo on a check, or verbally).
- All gifts received for this challenge will be designated to where the need is greatest. To donate directly to Water For People separate from the $2 Million Challenge and designate your gift to an area, click here.
- Gifts received for this promotion cannot be applied to another campaign or existing pledge. To donate directly to Water For People separate from the $2 Million Challenge, click here.
For more information on how you can participate in the Water For People Donate to Drink $2 Million Challenge, please contact email@example.com.