There are 3.5 million low-income 16 to 24-year-olds in the United States who aren’t in school and don’t have jobs. They urgently need pathways to employment, education, entrepreneurship, and other opportunities leading to productive livelihoods.
YouthBuild, with over 250 programs in 46 states, provides those pathways to 10,000 young people each year who:
1. Achieve their GEDs or high school diplomas.
2. Obtain job skills and earn a living allowance by building affordable, increasingly green housing for homeless and low income people in their communities.
3. Gain certifications and preparation for productive careers in construction, healthcare, and technology.
4. Transition into college success.
5. Lead through participation in community service.
Help us in our efforts to open YouthBuild doors to all young people who are seeking opportunity. Sadly, for each young person who joins a YouthBuild program, there are, on average, three who are turned away due to lack of funds. But you can help change that.
When you give today, you will join with YouthBuild USA in opening doors to education and careers for our nation’s low-income young people.