An apartment to call home
October 09, 2016
BENEFITING: Generosity Global Inc
Sleeping in the streets of Baltimore is no way for 4 year old Tracy (named changed to conceal identity) to grow up. At our monthly #selflesssaturdaybaltimore outreach event to the homeless, Tracy and her her parents (both 22 years of age) came across the line for food, clothes, hygiene essentials, and love.
Our selfless servants not only served this family a hefty meal, but also engaged them in a conversation. It was then that Tracy and her parents revealed that they have no where to stay and hav been sleeping outdoors. Those words were hard to hear and accept. No human being should have to live this way. Every family deserves better. Every child deserves an opportunity for a better quality of life.
With winter approaching, a few of our generous servants decided sleeping outside for this family was unacceptable...in an instant, everyone reached in the pockets, purses, pulling out any money they could come up with to place this family into a home. Enough money was raised to secure one month's rent ($425.00) and start them on the journey back home.
This is just the beginning... Our goal is to house them for up to one year, while working with the couple to help them gain employment, mentorship, and equipping them with tools that will help them regain their independence...
We are asking you to join us to help make this journey back home possible for this family. Every seed you plant and invest for this family will go directly to assist them via
- rent ($425/month)
- utilities ($125/month )
- public transportation pass ($50/month)
Apart from financial seeds, we would also like to assist them with these items (GENTLY USED accepted)
- Small appliances (TV, DVD, toaster, microwave, slow cooker)
- linens (queen sheets, queen blankets, queen comforters, towels, washcloths, pillows, pillow cases)
- hygiene products / care kits (bath soap, toothbrush, tooth paste, mouthwash, shaving cream, deodorant, tampons, female pads, etc)
- toys - additional items (clocks, shower curtains, trash can, mattress, laundry basket, lamps, rugs, artwork)
Join in and let's IMPACT this family together #wearegenerosityglobal