Our dynamic duo, Tim Borland and Cathryn Achilles from the movie FEAT are at it again! Tim will lead the A-T CureTeam at The San Francisco Marathon while pushing Cathryn (A-T patient) the whole way! Tim ran 63 marathons in 63 consecutive days in the A-T CureTour, documented in the film “FEAT.” Join our team to help raise funds for the A-T Children's Project to support A-T research in our race for a cure for ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T).
Here's the scoop:
- We have 10 spots for the first Half Marathon: Commit to raise $1000 by July 29 to claim a spot + all the perks! Visit www.atcp.org/SFHalfMarathon for all the details!
- Raise $200 to get our super-cool A-T CureTeam running shirt and our A-T medal (major bling!)
- Raise $500 and you also get 2 tickets to our pasta dinner with Tim & Cathryn
- Raise $1,000 and we'll also reimburse your race registration
- Fundraising deadline for these goodies is July 29, 2011
A-T is a rare, genetic disease affecting children, combining the worst symptoms of cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, cancer, and immune deficiencies. Children who could once run and play, sing and talk, read and write, lose their motor skills one by one, are usually in wheelchairs by age ten, and often do not survive their teens. Scientists believe research on ataxia-telangiectasia will help other more prevalent diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and cancer because of their similarities with A-T. For more information visit www.atcp.org