BENEFITING: BADASS ANIMAL RESCUE INC
EVENT DATE: May 20, 2014
I'm looking forward to my upcoming 28th birthday, but looking back on the past year is extra special because of one little man in particular: my pup Wilbur.
Just a few months ago, Wilbur was scared, sick, and facing death in a kill shelter down south. But lucky for him (and me!), some folks in Brooklyn had dedicated all of their free time to finding amazing dogs like Wilbur and saving their lives.
Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue swooped in to save the day. They rescued Wilbur, set him up in a loving foster home, got him to a vet and gave him life-saving treatment, and readied him for a badass life up north. When I first met him at an adoption event in Brooklyn, it was love at first sight.
Badass does this for hundreds of dogs every year. But what's even crazier is that they somehow manage this superhero feat with an all-volunteer staff and limited funding.
For those of you who have met Wilbur, you know that he's the best dog that ever existed in the world (I'm sure your dog is too). Without Badass, he never would've known what it was like to sleep on a cozy bed, in a warm home, with a full belly and a momma that loves him. And I wouldn't have my new best friend.
I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than to give badass dogs like mine a second chance to find a loving home. I'd be so honored if you'd donate a little something to help me reach my goal. Thank you!
With my love,
- $10: You love long walks on the beach as much as a rescue dog - get a leash and collar!
- $50: Every rescue needs a getaway once they escape the shelter, so provide one week of boarding for a dog down south!
- $75: No preggo scares here - provide a spay or neuter for one dog.
- $150: You want to send a dog off to a badass life - provide transport for one dog from the south!
- $350: Hearts are for lovin', amiright? Give heartworm treatment for a small dog.
- $500: Big dogs need love too. Give heartworm treatment for a big pup.