A Bright Future for the Feldenkrais® Method
Organized by: Feldenkrais Guild of North America
We want the Feldenkrais Method® to thrive, not just survive. In order to achieve this dream, we are asking friends, colleagues, clients, students …in fact, anyone who wants to grow the Feldenkrais Method to join us in raising enough funds to create a sound competency-based assessment process that maintains the integrity of the Feldenkrais Method.
The world is changing rapidly, and more somatic approaches are being offered every day. If we want the Feldenkrais Method to continue being recognized as the gold standard for teaching awareness and functionality, we need to make sure that people understand our “culture of competence”.
By hiring a consultant that specializes in assessment (a “psychometrician”) to help us develop a bona fide certification process, we will raise the bar for all somatic disciplines. In addition, health institutions, fitness centers and corporations can hire with confidence.
While this assessment process will not impact current practitioners, recent graduates, or even folks currently in training, it is up to us to build the future of the Feldenkrais Method. It will give new meaning and weight to the term “Guild Certified”.
For more information:
- View the Task Force Presentation in August, 2014, outlining the next steps: http://vimeo.com/109455467
- At the 2013 conference Jeff Haller spontaneously began to speak about the early history of the drive to separate Certification from Graduation, and went on to describe the current Task Force. There are also a few comments from members. This compelling talk is available for your viewing pleasure at http://vimeo.com/fgna/taskforcebackground
You can contribute as much or as little, and as often, as you like. You can also ask friends and family to contribute as a gift in your name.
Simply click the donate button and the menu will assist you.
But wait, there’s more!
- Donate $100 or more and you get an on-demand t-shirt with the messge "FELDENKRAIS Method®: A Bright Future"
- Donate $250 or more and you will receive a special marketing package from the FGNA Bookstore
- Donate $1000 or more and receive a nearly complete set of all the Feldenkrais Journals (there are limited quantities)
And the best news yet:
When we reach $10,000, FGNA President Rob Black will shave off his moustache.
When we reach $20,000, Board members Lavinia Plonka and Chrish Kresge will do an interpretive dance that is not set to the song “Happy.”
When we reach $30,000, Candy Conino will do a fashion show of her distinguished hats.
Check back often for more exciting prizes and events being added!