A BroaderWay Foundation was created in 2010 by Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs. The mission of the Foundation is to help empower young girls from underserved urban communities. Through the performing arts, the girls expand their horizons and find their voices in the context of their lives and in the world at large.
The ABW program is a way of looking at the world, a widening of individual horizons. Through Camp BroaderWay, and its arts-related activities, the girls learn to empower themselves by training their voices to be heard, not just on the stage of a theater, but throughout the world, focusing their imaginations to visualize new pathways to fulfill their aspirations and become leaders in the community at large.
Wondering what your donation will do?
All donations to A BroaderWay are greatly appreciated but if you are wondering what exactly you could contribute to, here are a few suggestions:
-Sponsor a Camper to Attend Camp BroaderWay ($1500)
-Sponsor the Original Performance ($1000)
-Sponsor a Camp Based Program for the ABW Girls ($500)
-Sponsor Ongoing Foundation Programming During the School Year ($500)
-General Giving-Just remember that ABW is thankful for all donations.
We are Committed to:
- Providing an opportunity for young urban girls, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to experience the camp experience.
- Creating an environment where girls can take risks.
- Providing a free and non-judgmental setting for self-expression and creativity.
- Encouraging friendships and bonds.
- Fostering compassion and empathy for others.
- Designing programs to synergize the experience of camp with skills our campers need to become leaders, and leave a positive imprint on their schools, communities, and the world at large.
- Making a mutual four-year camp commitment with our campers in order to strengthen and nurture the experiences and insights acquired through the ABW program.
- Providing year-round activities for all the girls, which will further the principles of “possibility through perseverance.”
- Continuing our commitment to the girls after their camp experience by providing programs that will help the girls gain the skills needed to move forward with their goals.
- Working with youth advocates, leading educational/theatrical institutions and corporations who believe that the arts can have a direct impact on children and broaden their view of their individual potential.
Looking for more information? Please visit our website at abroaderway.org