BENEFITING: A BroaderWay Foundation
ORGANIZER: A BroaderWay Foundation
EVENT DATE: Nov 29, 2016
Hey Everyone!!! Not sure how to send some holiday love??? Don't think about materials this year, think of the joy you can bring to others. Donate a little love to A BroaderWay and help to make this holiday season extra special!!
A BroaderWay Foundation wrote -
A BroaderWay Foundation (ABW)…created in 2010 by Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs…dedicated to offering girls from urban communities an outlet for self-expression and creativity through arts-centered programs. The emphasis is on building self-esteem, developing leadership qualities and striving for personal and social achievement.
The ABW program is a way of looking at the world, a widening of individual horizons. Through Camp BroaderWay, and its arts-related activities, the girls learn to empower themselves by training their voices to be heard, not just on the stage of a theater, but throughout the world, focusing their imaginations to visualize new pathways to fulfill their aspirations and become leaders in the community at large.
We are Committed to:
- Providing an opportunity for young urban girls, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to experience the camp experience.
- Creating an environment where girls can take risks.
- Providing a free and non-judgmental setting for self-expression and creativity.
- Encouraging friendships and bonds.
- Fostering compassion and empathy for others.
- Designing programs to synergize the experience of camp with skills our campers need to become leaders, and leave a positive imprint on their schools, communities, and the world at large.
- Making a mutual four-year camp commitment with our campers in order to strengthen and nurture the experiences and insights acquired through the ABW program.
- Providing year-round activities for all the girls, which will further the principles of “possibility” through “perseverance.”
- Continuing our commitment to the girls after their camp experience by providing programs that will help the girls gain the skills needed to move forward with their goals.
- Working with youth advocates, leading educational/theatrical institutions and corporations who believe that the arts can have a direct impact on children and broaden their view of their individual potential.