BENEFITING: Achilles International Inc.
ORGANIZER: Achilles International Inc.
EVENT DATE: Nov 03, 2013
Thank you for visiting my Personal Fundraising Page. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to make a contribution to my 2013 ING New York City Marathon funding raising campaign for Achilles International.
"...TO ACHIEVE THROUGH PERSEVERENCE"
I recently became involved with Achilles International through my good friend, Diego Suarez.
Achilles International helps disabled athletes train for and participate in road races and triathlons throughout the country. As members of the organization, Diego and I act as guides for disabled participants, helping them circumnavigate Central Park every Saturday morning.
The members of this organization have afforded me with a unique vantage point into some extraodinary life lessons. They have demonstrated to me that any challenge can be achieved or any obstacle can be overcome through commitment, determination, and perseverance. The steadfast devotion to these ideals in their everyday lives has inspired me to give back to Achilles by accomplishing a personal aspiration of mine: completing a marathon.
Please support me in my goal of raising funds for Achilles International through achieving my goal of completing the 2013 New York City Marathon.
Achilles International has chapters in over 65 cities within the United States and abroad. The organization provides athletes with disabilities with a community of support. Able-bodied volunteers and disabled participants come together to train in an environment that develops physical strength and well-being through the sport of running.
Most importantly, the program utilizes running as a medium to bring hope, inspiration and achievement to people with disabilities.
What your funds can support:
- $3,500 purchases one handcrank wheelchair for an Achilles athlete to use in a mainstream marathon
- $1,000 sponsors a year of running, walking, and rolling for children with disabilities in our Achilles Kids School Program
- $500 sponsors one international athlete in the ING NYC Marathon
- $250 sponsors one domestic athlete in the ING NYC Marathon
- $100 purchases five pairs of running shoes for low-income children with disabilities in our Achilles Kids program.
- $50 purchases 10 Achilles T-shirts for members to wear at mainstream races
To learn more about this extraordinary organization, please visit: