Act of Kindness: Gaius School & Med Fund
Organized by: Heather Huang
The plan: students email their school papers to us to be proof-read & examined for errors. The papers are then emailed back. Students then submit a donation.
Who We Are Helping:
In Gaius' own words:
- "I can’t afford college with a single, unemployed mother with no help from an abusive father."
- “We are literally going to be ~$200k in debt at the end of my college education. I have gotten loans, but they’re not enough. We have borrowed money from some of our relatives but we can’t go on asking them for money.”
- "My grandmother had a stroke and recently we held her funeral– but 6 years of taking care of her and hiring 24/7 help, as well as expensive traditional Chinese funeral proceedings cost us a lot of money. My other grandmother has Parkinson’s Disease and her medication is extremely expensive. My mother takes care of both my 12 year-old brother and my grandmother. My mother also does not have health insurance and the government doesn't consider her assets scarce enough to help her very much."
- "My mother, brother and I have mental disorders; my brother is currently in the process of getting diagnosed; I am already diagnosed with multiple things as well as having chronic illness and a skin disease. My mother cannot get diagnosed because she does not have health insurance.”
- "My mom can’t get a full-time job, because my brother is too young to fend for himself; my grandmothers are too sick and old to take care of him, I am in college, and we can’t afford babysitters to make sure he’s okay."
- "I’ve recently had surgery for a skin disease. My mother had to borrow $3k for the surgery. I still have to do one more session for the surgery, but we don’t have $500 for it right now, especially because of my familial problems."
Please consider helping!
ALL PAPERS CAN BE EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please use Microsoft Word if you can!)
They will be proofed and looked over, and then returned to the sender with suggested corrections. WE DON'T GUARANTEE A+'s, but we guarantee we will try our hardest to make your paper better. You may donate before OR after your paper is returned to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in History from a 4-year university
- Master’s Degree in Secondary Education (High School Education) Social Studies
- Has taken several courses in English and has written many research papers in MLA, APA and Chicago Manual styles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in History from a 4-yr university
- Avid reader, has a library of 1000+ books, is a bookstore manager, and can write a mean bibliography.
- Has also written many research papers in MLA and Chicago style.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from a 4-yr university and has written many papers in APA and MLA format.
- Regularly creates reports as part of current, full-time position
- Former writer and editor of a school paper
- Completed National Novel Writing Month five consecutive years
- (basically, I’ve spent a lot of time writing)