March 06, 2017
BENEFITING: American Diabetes Association, Inc.
EVENT: Pittsburgh Marathon 2017
EVENT DATE: May 07, 2017
Kira Kellner wrote -
When you join you will help the 29 million Americans (400,000 in Western PA) living with diabetes by raising critically needed funds for research, education and advocacy, while staying fit and accomplishing the goal of a lifetime!
We lead the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fight for those affected by diabetes. We do so by funding research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes, delivering services to hundreds of communities, providing objective and credible information, and by giving voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. The American Diabetes Association is the only organization offering support and research to all types of diabetes: type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes.
Did you know?:
- Every 17 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes
- If current trends continue, one in three American adults will have diabetes by 2050
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non traumatic lower-limb amputations, and blindness among adults in the United States
- Diabetes kills more people annually than breast cancer and AIDS combined
Please note, registering on Crowdrise as a fundraiser does not guarantee entry into the DICK's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. There is no fundraising minimum but participating is easy!
- Click here to purchase your race entry
- Visit Our ADA CrowdRise page (https://www.crowdrise.com/ADAPitt2017)
- Select "FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN" on the right hand side
- Log into CrowdRise OR create an account
- Complete information
Each registered runner will receive a Stop Diabetes pin. Runners who reach $500 will receive a dri-fit shirt, and runners who raise $1,000 or more will additionally receive a "Champion to Stop Diabetes medal" and other great perks!
For infomation on the American Diabetes Association, please click here to visit our website.
Questions? Contact the ADA: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-824-1181 x4520