BENEFITING: Abyssinian Development Corp.
EVENT DATE: Dec 15, 2011
This year has proven to be one of the most difficult in recent memory for so many families in our community. In the midst of this challenge, ADC has continued the charge, but we need your help to build on our accomplishments and make our community even stronger!
In 2011, ADC:
- Received a superior score of "A" for its Thurgood Marshall Academy high school;
- Entered into a community profit-sharing program with the Starbucks Coffee Company;
- Achieved a 90% graduate rate in its Homeownership Program with 135 participants purchasing homes;
- Supported hundreds of seniors to successfully age in place;
- Was distinguished by having Abyssinian House ranked as one of the Top 20 family shelters in NYC out of over 200;
- Expanded its work and impact beyond Harlem into The Bronx;
- Was honored to have both its Chairman and CEO appointed to the Governor's Regional Councils for Economic Development;
- Was assigned two low performing schools to continue its exemplary educational turnaround work;
- Participated in its first ING NYC Marathon where Team Abyssinian raised much needed funds to support the mission of ADC...
...and much more!
This is just a glimpse of the range of services and programs ADC provides. The work isn't easy and the need is nonstop...but the reward is so great!We kindly request your contribution to help us continue to strengthen families, strengthen communities and strengthen generations to come.
Your tax deductible gift of $25, $250, $2,500, or any amount you prefer will enable us to continue making a difference that strengthensour families and our communities.
Please click here to make your donation.
This donation will be greatly appreciated to support the Harlem community and beyond...!