Help Adopt-A-School this holiday season and support a New York City girl's education. We need $3,500 to bring one of our life-changing programs to a school in need in 2014! With this money we will be able to serve 24 girls for an entire semester!
Your donation will help inspire a girl to be strong, smart, and bold – the perfect holiday gift! Please consider making as generous a gift as possible!
Why donate to Girls Inc. of NYC?
- Over 90% of girls in our comprehensive programs are admitted to college.
- We have awarded nearly $300,000 in college scholarships to top-performing students.
- Girls in our programs: perform higher in math & reading; attend more days of school; are more engaged in class; resolve conflicts peacefully; resist stereotypes
About Girls Inc. of New York City
Who We Are: Girls Inc. of New York City delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart and bold.
Who We Serve: We partner with schools and community based organizations in New York City’s most under-served communities including Downtown Brooklyn, East Harlem, and the South Bronx.
What We Do: Our educational programs use a comprehensive, experiential approach with a curriculum that is solidly grounded in research including:
- Economic Literacy: Girls learn how to manage, invest, and save money.
- Friendly PEERsuasion: Girls develop skills to resist peer pressure.
- Preventing Adolescent Pregnancy: Girls develop skills to make informed decisions about their sexual health.
- Operation SMART: Girls develop an enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, & math.
- Media Literacy: Girls increase their awareness of the media and its effects on girls and women.
- Project Bold: Girls learn skills to lead safer lives in their homes, relationships, communities, and online.
- Leadership & Community Action: Girls build leadership and create social change through community projects.