PROJECT PEACEPAL via Crowdrise
April 29, 2011
BENEFITING: PROJECT PEACEPAL
HOURS PLEDGED: 30
Project PeacePal Presents: Adopt a Classroom
Adopting a classroom in Tamale, Ghana is a focused and powerful way to help students in West Africa. Tell your friends, tell you family, sponsor a class today! Photos were taken by our Program Director for northern Ghana, and dynamic community leader, M.A. Saaka-Dua (the gentelman in the white shirt and hat in the last photo).
Here is what they need:
- Desks and chairs--many students right now sit on the floor. Can you imagine trying to write an essay on the floor?
- Let's give them some light! Currently the classroom is very dark, and the students must strain their eyes to see the chalkboard.
- Fans to help cool the air--it is quite hot in West Africa! Imagine trying to learn while sitting in an idling car in the middle of the summer: with the windows rolled up, and no AC. For 8 hours!
- Toliets and bathroom sinks, of course
- Water tank for safe drinking water. Many diseases are passed through unsafe drinking water. Keep these kids healthy and in school!
- School supplies like books, pens, and paper
Your one-time gift can make a huge difference to these happy and caring kids. "These students manage to learn--and love to learn--in a classroom that is incredibly hot, dark, and uncomfortable. They were overjoyed when I brought them stickers. I wonder how they will feel when we can bring them desks and safe water?" said Kasondra, after her visit to this school in Tamale. "I've never felt so inspired to make a difference."
Feeling Generous? Create a safe learning environment for these kids by giving monthly. Just $15 per month can provide students with school supplies--paper, pens, and pencils, which they desperately need. $200 per month can begin the process of changing their lives forever by providing desks, lights, water, and fans. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more!
Emtpy Wallet? You can still help by making your own Crowdrise page and telling all your friends about it.
And If Feeling Good Isn't Enough...Check out the Best Promos Ever PROMOS and win prizes for donating. Here are some of my favorites:
- A donation of $28 will sign you up to win an iPad2.
- A gift of just of $11 will sign you up to win a cool hoodie!
- $17 will enter you in a contest to win pizza for you and 10 friends.
There are many other PeacePal classrooms waiting to be adopted by you! Please check out www.peacepal.org for more details.