ADOPT A US SOLDIER via Crowdrise
February 01, 2011
AAUSS (Adopt A US Soldier) is a non-profit organization that puts soldiers up for "adoption". Our soldiers are fighting hard to make this country safe and strong. They are risking their lives for us to keep ours!! What AAUSS does is they assign you a soldier, after you make an account, and from there you can send them an email, letter, and/or card for them to read. Also, you can make a care package at least once a month to your soldier so that they can receive the supplies that can benefit them greatly. These supplies (For examples, look at the bottom of this story) also give them that feeling that someone still remembers them, and they have not been forgotten. It also gives them a homey feeling so they can relax a little.. You would be surprised how much just a little thing can do for a soldier. I would like to try and donate some money to AAUSS so that they can send care packages to as many soldiers as possible. These soldiers deserve it and are fighting hard for us, and yet we usually just blow off opportunities to support them. Let us, the United States citizens, show them how much we care for them. Let us be different from other and take that stand.
Examples of some things that are good to supply:
1) A satin pillowcase, sheets, and a sleeping bag.
2) A water bottle with an operated fan and mister (Include A LOT of batteries)
3) Baby wipes (There are really no showers when you are in the middle of battle, so these are a great substitution)
4) Sunscreen, moisturizing lotion, disposable razors, soap products, and deodorant
5) Chips, Popcorn, Fruit snacks, etc...
6) Magazines, books, and a Bible (Make sure EVERYTHING is appropriate)
7) Tooth brushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, toothpicks, and floss
8) Cards, notebooks, pencils, pens, pencil sharpener, and disposable camera