I am participating in Mo-vember 2014 to change the face of men’s health by starting clean-shaven on November 1st and growing a moustache and beard for the month while raising funds and awareness for free prostate screenings.
100% of the funds raised will be donated to the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey to support free prostate cancer screenings. Collected and dispursed through Affinity Federal Credit Union Foundation which supports many local causes.
Since facial hair for me is the norm I also decided to up the ante if I reach my goal of $400.00, and turn Mo-vember to Mo-HAWK-vember!! So help me look ridiculous at work for week and donate to a noble cause.
Some prostate cancer facts and figures:
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.
- Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer - that's more than 10,000 every year.
- Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year - that's more than 100 men diagnosed every day.
- It's estimated that by 2030, prostate cancer will be the most common cancer.
- One in eight men will get prostate cancer.
- Over a quarter of a million men are living with and after prostate cancer.
Please help raise some money for screenings, increase prostate cancer and men's health awareness, and possibly save the lives of some sons, fathers, and grandfathers.