EVENT DATE: Feb 12, 2016
During Black History Month, the SABCCSG hosts community event in collaboration with the TUSD school district.
Each year, we serve approximately 400 students!
The African American Youth Heritage Day is designed to bring all youth together in a positive environment.
- Students attend workshops on writing skills and African American history.
- A keynote speaker addresses the general assembly.
- Historical Black Colleges and Universities participate with booths and other college-centric displays.
- Students and community members provide entertainment.
- Community leaders and volunteers play a very important role in making this a memorable event.
Lunch is provided.
The cost to the students - FREE
Cost to supply this opportunity is $100 per student. This includes workshop materials, teachers & speakers, venue, lunch and entertainment.