BENEFITING: SYRV MAKE GOOD HAPPEN
Although rich in beaches, volcanoes and jungles, Nicaragua is still one of the globes poorest countries. Inadequate water services and environmental destruction contribute to poor living conditions, disease and a high mortality rate.
Water is vital, a basic human need, yet is truly a luxury enjoyed every time we turn on our tap. The U.N warns that, “Overcoming the crisis in water and sanitation is one of the greatest human development challenges of the early 21st century.” However, sustainable, efficient water-treatment systems and safe drinking water is an achievable goal.
WHO WILL YOU BE HELPING?
• 100% direct funding to Nicaraguan families in rural Leon and Popoyo
• Children and women most affected by disease and the lack of basic sanitation, limiting their ability work or attend school
WHAT WILL BE THE IMPACT?
• 2-3 years of clean water access for each family, including contamination education and materials
• For every $1 invested in improved water supply and sanitation there is $4+ return to the local economy
• SYRV is a 501c3 US registered nonprofit organization committed to developing and sustaining programs, providing meaningful contribution and social responsibility around clean water rights, education and social development.
• Working closely with community leaders in developing countries, SYRV identifies core needs, while utilizing the skill sets, values and passions of volunteers and donors, by inviting them to travel to host countries to develop and contribute to meaningful programs.
SPREAD THE WORD
• Sharing this link with family, friends and any acquaintances
• Posting this link on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media
• Telling your friends, family, or workplace about this important cause
Thank you for helping us change lives!