Alaska Real Heroes
EVENT DATE: Feb 15, 2014
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Apr 25, 2014
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
This holiday season, give something that means something to your neighbors in need.
Please consider joining our community of support that will allow our local Red Cross chapter to provide these critical services for another year:
- The American Red Cross of Alaska responds to hundreds of disasters like home fires, storms, and floods from Ketchikan to Barrow, providing comfort and hope to Alaskans. Volunteers help people through their toughest moments, giving warm shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance so they can begin to rebuild their lives.
- Red Cross supports military members, veterans and their families through Service to the Armed Forces, ensuring those serving overseas are connected with their family through secure Red Cross emergency communication messages, giving families tools to cope with deployments, and offering comfort to returning soldiers and those wounded in hospitals.
- Red Cross of Alaska trains people with lifesaving and emergency preparedness skills, giving thousands of Alaskans in communities across the state the tools to be stronger and safer when the worst happens.
You can help your local Red Cross by raising the critical funds that allow our chapter to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Helping is easy! Right here you have to tools to set personal goals, involve your friends and community, and spread cheer and support for Red Cross programs and services.
1. Simply donate to a holiday fundraiser (the red button above) or set up you own holiday fundraiser (the grey button above).
2. Let your friends and family know why it is important to give to the Red Cross during this holiday season.
3. Feel good knowing you are making a difference in the life of a neighbor in need this year.
Your generosity makes the Red Cross mission possible – thank you!