AKTIV Against Cancer has slots into the 2013 New York City Marathon and we would love to see you join our team. All runners on Team AKTIV will be equipped by adidas (running apparel from the unique AKTIV collection made by adidas to support AKTIV Against Cancer) and will be welcome to join the Norwegian part of Team AKTIV in New York. Being a part of the Team AKTIV in the 2013 NYCM will include:
- Entry into the 2013 NYCM
- Running apparel from adidas (t-shirt, shorts, tights, jacket)
- Morning run in Central Park with Jack Waitz and the team on Friday morning
- Bus transportation from Times Square to the Ferry on Sunday morning
- Post-race Celebration dinner on Sunday evening
- Minimum fundraising required: $ 1750
AKTIV Against Cancer is co-founded by the legendary nine-time NYCM winner Grete Waitz. The purpose of the foundation is to promote physical activity – both to prevent cancer and to enhance the life quality for cancer patients. The foundation is originally Norwegian, but is now being established in the US. Our hope is to establish physical activity centers for cancer patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Physical activity improves life quality and our dream is that physical activity will be an integrated part of cancer treatment in the future.