You don’t need a cape or super powers to be a Hero! Online Heroes for the American Red Cross is a grassroots fundraising and awareness campaign that gives you the chance to make a big, lasting difference — and to be recognized for it, too! If you choose to become a Hero, you pledge to raise $1,000 for the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross 2013 Heroes Campaign will run from November 1st through December 31st.
$1,000 can cover the cost of . . .
- 200 blankets for people affected by a disaster.
- 400 comfort kits containing hygiene items for a disaster client.
- Clothing for nine children who lost their clothes in a house fire.
- Meals and lodging for five days for a family of three displaced from their home.
- A babysitting skills class for 14 youth.
- Training 11 individuals to learn how to help someone in a cardiac or breathing emergency.
Ideas of how to raise money
Examples of how to fundraise include: individuals collecting pledges from friends and family through online social networking, clubs holding car washes, a business holding a dress down day, or you asking your friends, neighbors, relatives or colleagues to make you a Hero. Everyone can be part of this grassroots campaign by donating a dollar for a Red Cross Square.
Sign-up to Be a Hero
Please join our efforts to help our neighbors by becoming a "Hero for the American Red Cross" today. For more information, please contact Jessica Adams, Community Executive, at (703) 584-8407 or Jessica.Adams@redcross.org.