Allisan's trip to India
Organized by: Allisan Aulert
EVENT DATE May 21, 2017
As some of you may know, I am planning on traveling to Delhi, India on May 21st, 2017 for three weeks to do volunteer work. The volunteer organization I will be volunteering under is Love Volunteers, and my specific program will be surrounding Women's Empowerment!
Love Volunteers work with various centers set up by local NGO's working for women’s development, focusing on the development of women and young girls living in the poorer urban areas in Delhi (slums) and surrounding areas. These centers provide counseling and help women by providing adult literacy classes, computer and IT training, and guidance on income generating activities. I will be working alongside the women and local staff in these centres and offering services wherever needed, including:
- Teach and enhance their knowledge of the English language.
- Improve their English listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Teach them about computers and how to operate them.
- Teach about the world, cultures, food and general knowledge.
- Teach them about basic personal hygiene.
- Volunteers may also enhance their skill and confidence with other fun creative activities.
I plan to volunteer in Delhi, India for three weeks this summer. And although the cost of living in India along with my drive to help is rather inexpensive, it is the getting there that is not so cheap. I am fundraising for the cost of my trip, and I whole heartedly appreciate any donation to help make my trip possible.
Thank you for even taking the time to read through this :)