The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) has been a trusted provider of free tax help and financial services for 25 years. From January thru April, thanks to our passionate and IRS-certified corps of volunteers, we help nearly 20,000 people file their taxes and get all the tax credits they’ve earned and refunds they’re owed. We provide free tax help to families with incomes less than $50,000 and individuals with incomes less than $25,000. We have returned over $500M to over 300,000 hard working families since 1990.
After April 15, CEP offers year-round tax help through our Money Action Days. At these Money Action Day events, CEP's tax and financial experts will be on hand to provide the following free services:
• Free financial check up with expert financial coaches
• Preparing both federal and state tax return for current year 2014 and prior years
• Help filing amended returns for both federal and state tax returns
• Professional legal advice on tax problems
• Credit building advice from expert Credit Geek
• Access to bank accounts and prepaid debit cards
• Assistance with applying for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (also known as an ITIN, PIN, Tax ID or Taxpayer ID). Note: for ITIN application assistance, additional documents are required.