This year Collin and I are both running the Falmouth Road Race on August 20, 2017! We are running for the SAM PAWLAK COMMUNITY PLAYGROUND. This will be the 4th year I have attended the race and the 1st year I will be running! During the first race in 2014 I sat next to Bip, a.k.a. Sam Pawlak, and watched dozens of runners stop to say hi and give him a hug. It was awesome to see how many peoples lives he was apart of and had influence on. I am excited to be apart of the race and to help raise money for the Sam Pawlak Community Playground this year.
Info about the Playground...
- The Sam Pawlak Community Playground will be built at Coolidge Park in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. The playground will have wheelchair accessible and easy transfer equipment. It will also include a variety of sensory experiences for those children with intellectual impairment, autism, and visual limitations.
- This playground will be built next to the existing, so that it can be an all inclusive playground; all children can play together and have fun. It will have a fence to kept all children safe from the parking lot.
- The Sam Pawlak Community Playground is being named after Sam Pawlak, an educator from Fitchburg, Massachusetts. He received his degree from Fitchburg State College. Sam was a teacher for many years at Natick High School and Nashoba Regional High School before he became the Principal at Nashoba Regional High School. He held that position for a long time, changing the lives of many teens.
- After retirement, he volunteered at Oakmont Regional High School working with special needs teenagers. He also volunteered at Children's Hospital in Boston, helping children and families in need of care.
- Sam passed away in May 2015 after being diagnosed with ALS "Lou Gehrig's disease" in 2013. He was a great family man, community leader, and educator. We are honoring him with this playground.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Amanda 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Amanda this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Amanda. Thanks to your vote, Amanda earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.